Mar 5, 2011

New Beginnings

 We had our New Beginnings program for our young women this past Thursday and I was in charge of the desserts! I was glad that that was all I was assigned to this year! 
 Luckily my younger sister got married a few weekends ago and so I just took some of the extra candy from my mom and put it in these glass jars and had a candy buffet. The girls loved scooping out there favorites and then tying the bag with a bow. 
Also I made almond flavored cupcakes with strawberry buttercream frosting. They were a huge hit. I only came home with one!

The program was great we focused on putting your whole "Heart" into Personal Progress. We had Sister Charon from the stake young women presidency come speak to us. Also Hannah our YW president spoke to the girls about satan being the "thieves of our hearts," and that if we don't stay close to our Heavenly Father and do the small and simple things daily that slowly satan does just that "steals our hearts" from where they should be. All in all it was a great night. Oh, and if you have a chance listen to "Fearless Heart," I think it is from an EFY soundtrack.  We played that and it was beautiful. The spirit was so strong!

No comments: