Mar 26, 2011

The Race!

 Before the Race!

 Getting lined up!
 Ready Set...
 Ready Set...
 Go!
 Above: Nick

Above: Nate Porter

 After the Race
 Nate took 3rd and Nick took 4th
 Wouldn't be a true motorcross race without Monster's!
 Number 2 fan! (only because Bentley is his number 1)
Nick decides to sign up to race this motorcross race here in Kingman last weekend. I thought he was a little crazy since he hasn't raced in forever! Above you can see them all at the starting line and then they all take off and who is left sitting there....NICK! I was freaking out.. of course his bike stalls out on him as he was trying to take off. Sad! He was instantly in last place but I am pretty proud of him for catching up and passing a lot of the other bikes and eventually taking fourth place. He was kind of discouraged, but realized that it was just a race and that he would do it all over again because he had so much fun! He raced with his buddy Nate and he took 3rd! Congrats guys on your first race! O I have to add that Bentley was asleep in the stands until daddy was up then I woke him and he yelled and screamed for his daddy! He said, "GO DAD!" Also after the race we drove over to the pit and I let him out to go give dad a hug and the first thing I heard him say was, "I'm so proud of you Dad!" It was all worth it!

2 comments:

The Wright Family said...

Wow Nick!!!! I thought you were the coolest person ever until I realized that you were still wearing that 1972 helmet with all that new gear and riding a HONDA!! Oh well I still love you anyway. This is JD by the way. Although im sure Jeri K loves you just the same. Seriously Congrats on the race. We (I mean "I")need to get back into racing. I miss it. Come to Utah and lets go RIDE!!!!! Love you long time cowboy!!!!

Brittney and Zach Lundgreen said...

CUTE CUTE PICS SUCH A CUTE FAMILY!! glad we could come and see you!