Last Friday Nick and I headed to St. George for a mini vacation. My lovely husband had the day off so he managed to get all the laundry done (not folded) and the boys packed so that we could leave when I got home from work. Friday night we dropped the boys off with my mom so that we could go to dinner with Nick's parents at Benja Tai and Sushi. My mom had gone earlier to pick up my niece Abigail so that Bentley and her could play. I thought that was sweet of her.
Nick and I love sushi and it was such a treat to be able to go to such a great restaurant with NO KIDS and just his parents. We visited for two hours about everything. Before we knew it it was after nine and we decided to wrap things up. Thanks Doug and Cindy for such a wonderful time out!
Saturday, we woke up to a hot blueberry waffle breakfast with eggs, bacon and hash browns. My mom and dad sure know how to cook up a mean breakfast! The kiddos loved it as Grandma had each one of them help make something. She has so much patience! After breakfast we loaded up and headed over to Costco. ON A SATURDAY! It was crazy and we knew it would be. When we lived there we made sure to avoid going to do our Costco trips during the week, but we were going through withdrawls and enjoyed every minute of the hustle and bustle! Nick about croaked at the check out, but the trip was to long in the waiting that our list was so long. After we checked out we sat and let the kids eat. Bentley wanted a churro, hotdog and yogurt so what does Grandma do? Gets him ALL THREE! Nixon wanted a smoothie and then yogurt so she made two trips through the long line just for him. What a Grandma! The boys love her to death.
After Costco Nick took my dad home and the boys over to his parents so the kids could visit with Grandma and Grandpa Westbrook while my mom, Abigail and I went to Target and then home. I needed to get some wrapping paper for my friends Bridal shower gift. I ran home wrapped it up with my moms help and was off to Jessica's shower (the whole purpose for the trip).
My great friend Jessica is getting married to Ty Empey on March 12th! Saturday was her shower and it was great to go and see so many friends that I haven't seen in years! I'll admit I was a bit nervous too...since I hadn't seen or kept in close contact with many of them (which I feel bad about and hope to change)... would it be awkward? would we have anything to talk about? Well it turns out it was a blast as if those years with out seeing them had never passed. Below are some pics I was able to snap at the party.
Jessica Harward, Jaclyn Lamereaux, Kacee Payne
Sue (Jess's mom), Nikki (her sister), and Jessica (Bride)
Brittney's sister, Brittney, me and Mikayla (sp?)
Jessica and her sister Nikki.
Jess and I
Me, Kacee, Jessica and Chelci. Chelci is getting married this Friday!
I met Jessica in the third grade. I remember she loved running and she was good at it! She was always so beautiful and still is. We became closer as the years went on. I remember so many summers spent at the river or laying out. We cheered together. In fact I was a flyer and she was one of the other ones. I always looked up to her. She was so academically talented. She currently teaches at east elementary. I thought that she would have been the first out of us to get married. Isn't it crazy to see what really ends up happening and where each of our journey's lead us? Jess I am super happy for you and wish you the best and can't wait to be there on the twelfth when you are sealed!
Later that night my sister-in-law Heidi came over with her other daughter Clara and we ordered in Cafe Rio and just ate it at my moms. So Relaxing! We then put Nixon to bed and had a YW come over and sit so that we could go support my cousin Max at his semi-final and final basketball games! It was so fun. I was cheering and yelling so loud I thought that I wasn't going to have a voice this morning. It was intense at times. The old cheerleader totally came out in me! It brought back so many fun memories. My cousin Max plays Basketball, Baseball and Football year round. He plays on all star traveling teams when he isn't playing for his school. Below are a few pictures that we took.
Not sure why its so blurry but Max shooting a free throw
Nick, Bentley and Max after he won his first game.
For Christmas my Aunt let Max make a customized pair of Basketball shoes at Nike id online. Aren't they sweet?
His team and the coaches. They took the championship.
Max giving his mom (number one fan) a big hug!
My aunt Kandra, Max and his dad Brad.
Myself, Max and Nick after the last game.
Bentley telling Max that he was number one!
We had such a great time. We stayed up until 1 am just chatting as a family. We woke up early today (Sunday) and had another great breakfast and packed up. We headed over to Westbrook's to pick up some meat and say our goodbye's. It was great to see my sister-in-law Mickell and two of her lil ones as well. Fairwell St. George until we meet again in two weeks :)
Not sure why its so blurry but Max shooting a free throw
Nick, Bentley and Max after he won his first game.
For Christmas my Aunt let Max make a customized pair of Basketball shoes at Nike id online. Aren't they sweet?
His team and the coaches. They took the championship.
Max giving his mom (number one fan) a big hug!
My aunt Kandra, Max and his dad Brad.
Myself, Max and Nick after the last game.
Bentley telling Max that he was number one!
We had such a great time. We stayed up until 1 am just chatting as a family. We woke up early today (Sunday) and had another great breakfast and packed up. We headed over to Westbrook's to pick up some meat and say our goodbye's. It was great to see my sister-in-law Mickell and two of her lil ones as well. Fairwell St. George until we meet again in two weeks :)
1 comment:
Wow..I can't believe that is Max. I remember when he was just Wyatt and Bentleys age. Are we really that old? One of these times when your down you'll have to give me a call. I know you have a lot of hu-bub to to do while your here, so try and fit it in.
Post a Comment