Today I decided to take the boys for a drive down to Coldstone in Bullhead. I loaded the boys up and the entire time Bentley is asking, "Mom, where are we going?" I continued to drive and finally got on the interstate and out of no where I hear Bentley yell, "NIXON, guess what? We're going to Bullhead to get ice cream!? I smiled. How did he guess? Maybe that's because we do this frequently, but I told him that yes that's where we were headed! Nixon didn't quite understand what Coldstone was, but once we mentioned the words ice cream he was all over it. Needless to say they were great on the way down.
Bentley: "Mom, why is that guy looking at me while were driving?"
Me: "Bentley, I don't think he can see in your window."
Bentley: "Why couldn't he the suns up?"
Me: "Because daddy tinted the windows which made the windows dark."
Bentley:"So I am invincible?"
Me: "Yep if that's what you want to be!"
Bentley:"Mom I want to be invincible a long long time so I can see Jesus."
Where kids come up with some of these things I have no clue, but he made me smile the whole way down. He also saw a semi just the truck with three more semi trucks attached (if that makes sense) and said, "Whoa, look MOM! That semi-truck looks silly...theirs a daddy truck a mommy truck, a brother truck and a sister truck and uh uh I don't know what the last truck is."
Bentley: "Mom when I get to Coldstone I want two ice creams, one chocolate and one brown."
Me: "Bentley those are the same thing."
Bentley: "Duh mom!"
The drive home was just as memorable! Nixon chatted up a storm pointing at things the whole way home. Below are some pics of them at the ice cream shop.
Nixon was so excited when he saw the toppings he was literally jumping up and down!
Mesmerizing over the colorful ice cream.
My camera got out of focus somehow, but anyway above is Bentley with is Chocolate ice cream with his oreo that he insisted be whole!
Nixon being allergic to milk had one choice, mango strawberry sorbet and he picked sprinkles!
So happy to be with mom at ice cream he told me.
Nixon finished his ice cream and ran straight over to the freezer and started asking for the cookies on top of one of the cakes. It wasn't to much longer after that that I was hurrying Bentley along and we were off to a quick stop at Joann's and home in time to make Chicken Cor don Blue, Parmesan crusted asparagus and baked potatoes for daddy when he came home for dinner. Bentley and Nixon you two are so sweet thanks for making today a memorable one!
3 comments:
So sweet, and so fun. Glad you had a great time with your boys. :)
Bentley says the cutest stuff! I love the truck comment & the chocolate ice cream one! I wish I could've gone with you today!
So glad I get to hear about your little guys now. They are so cute sometimes:) give them both big hugs from us, we miss you guys!!!
Post a Comment